MAP

THE COLUMBIA BRANCH RAILROAD

1875 MAP

This 1875 Boone County, Missouri map shows the Columbia Branch Railroad and the stations located along its line during that time.

Columbia Branch Railroad1898 map

1875 Boone County, Missouri Map showing the Columbia Branch Edwards Brothers Atlas


THE STATIONS

1898 Boone County Map

1898 Boone County Map showing Browns and Stephens

During its history, the Columbia Branch has had thirteen stations located on its line. Several of these did not occur on official timetables and one was mentioned only as a flag stop as a footnote. Some of the history involved with these stations include arson, robberies, location disputes, and the murder of an agent. To learn much more about these stations and their history, please purchase the book, The Columbia Branch Railroad.

Centralia
Located at MP 124.15, Depot, established in 1858, Named after the city of Centralia
Bush
Located at MP 129.80, Flag, established in 1866, Named in honor of S.J. Bush
Hallsville
Located at MP 132.84, Depot, established in 1887, Named after the city of Hallsville
Hickman
Located at MP 133.80, Depot, established in 1866, Named in honor of David H. Hickman
Bryant’s
Located at MP 135.35, Flag, established in 1939, Named after the Bryant family
Burnam’s
Located at MP 136.49, Flag, established in 1873, Named after John F. Burnam
Brown’s
Located at MP 138.09; 138.12; 138.10, Flag, Depot, established in 1866, Named in honor of Dr. Leonidas Bobb Brown
Stephens
Located at MP 139.63, Depot, Flag, established in 1866, Named in honor of James L. Stephens
Switzler
Located at MP 140.92, Flag, established in 1891, Named after William F. Switzler
Henry’s
Located at MP 141.20, Flag, established in 1891, Named after the J. T. Henry
Persinger
Located at MP 142.70, Flag, established in 1866, Named in honor of Judge Alexander Persinger
Moore’s Switch
Located at MP 144.80, Flag, established in 1886, Named after Colonel E.C. Moore
Columbia
Located at MP 144.89, Depot, established 1866, Named after the city of Columbia